Sunday 10 June 2012

june purchases

The internet makes shopping too easy. The internet is bad. Well that's what I tell myself but in reality I have no willpower.


I am not going to reveal everything I have bought lately because that would be facing up to reality so I am going to provide an edited account.


My first purchase is a gold and coral ring. There is a story behind the ring as it is similar to a ring that I saw in a magazine years ago. That ring was from a boutique in Turkey and with no name or reference to help me hunt it down my search could go no further. Anyway I was browsing Etsy (I love Etsy) and noticed a ring that looked similar to the ring that I had seen previously. Better still the stone within the ring was coral which is my favourite colour. So here is the ring and I love it. I had it made in sterling silver and plated with 24k gold (if I only I could afford it all to be made from pure gold).


The jeweller can be found here and she was very friendly and helpful as I asked for the ring to be customised. I highly recommend her.


My second and third purchase is in homage to the designer Isabel Marant. I love how the french dress. Effortless, chic and simple and funnily enough quite hard to achieve in my opinion. Again Isabel Marant is not cheap and a bit overpriced considering her 'look' is rather casual. One of her staple and recognised designs are her infamous Dicker boots (shown below) but at 365 GB pounds a bit out of my price range.
The original Isabel Marant Dicker boots

ASOS have some great boots at more affordable prices. They actually have a great dupe for these boots here but I chose the August boots shown below. I am short at 5ft 3.5inches so I chose a boot with a lower rise up the ankle as a higher rise boot would cut me off and make me look even shorter. I love these boots and they are so comfortable and I will wear these with jeans, dresses and skirts.


ASOS August Boots



My final purchase is a vintage blouse from Etsy which is also not so faraway from Isabel Marant.



I intend on wearing all the above with black skinny jeans for a friend's birthday party this weekend. Its a shame the party is not in Paris :)

No comments:

Post a Comment