Sunday 17 February 2013

i'm back....

and I know I have been away for a long time.  Last year went by so fast and only now I feel I can really start to get back into this blog.

So since the last time I wrote I have got engaged. He asked me on New Year's Eve and  I know this sounds cliched but it was a surprise....a nice surprise. I chose the ring as he felt that he would never be able to choose a ring that I would like. Not that romantic and confirmation that I am picky ;) but I appreciate the gesture of picking my own engagement ring. So I chose an emerald cut antique ring from the Victorian period. I like old things.



We had talked previously to the proposal of what type of wedding we would like. Both introverts we definitely knew we wanted something simple, fuss free and quiet. To be honest if we had it our way we would just elope but I don't think our mothers would appreciate that ;)

We are also not religious and a church was therefore not an option. I had always wanted to get married at Chelsea Old Town Hall in Kensington. There they have the iconic steps and the arched window above the door that have appeared on some many photos that I had seen.

So we are booked to get married this Summer. Exciting.

Chelsea Old Town Hall




No comments:

Post a Comment