Sunday 24 February 2013

wild at heart

I have two more things to do for my small wedding in July; get shoes and choose the flowers for my bouquet. Not a shoe person I am holding off the latter task until I can brave a day of proper 'sole' searching.

Even before I got engaged I already had an idea of where I would get more flowers. I have lived in London for nearly 7 years and one of my favourite places is Liberty the department store. I will have to do a separate post on this place alone. Liberty is housed within a mock Tudor building and in the lobby of the main entrance is Wild at Heart florists. The smell of the flowers each and every time I enter the store is evocative and brings me so many memories. So for sentimental reasons I have chosen this florist.  It also helps that Wild at Heart is a modern and chic florist that is so far removed from flowers that you get from the supermarket.


Even though I am still 5 months away from the big day I wanted an idea if I could get the kind of wedding bouquet I have in my head. But first I needed to know what I wanted. As my wedding is small and not dictated by a colour scheme I can basically get anything I wanted provided the flowers were in season. Out went my first choice of peonies as these are a Spring flower and not guaranteed in July. I also wanted to stay away from roses as for me they are a bit cliche and I wanted something different.  Below is a selection of bouquets I have found overtime that I like but have ultimately shown me that I like textured but simple bouquets.







I definitely want the stems showing so that the full form of the flowers can be seen. I also want them to be tied simply with a simple ribbon.







No comments:

Post a Comment