Wednesday 14 March 2012

byron burgers

The new oven was fitted today and you would think we would use it straight away but instead we went out for dinner. The other half and I love eating out and trying new places.  We are not fussy where we go, from Michelin star to local cafe, as long as the food is good.

Tonight we went to Bryron Burgers website in Angel. A fairly new gourmet burger chain, I wanted to see if it could beat the burgers at our favourite place Hache website. The objective for the founder was to replicate the burgers he had experienced on a trip to America. I wanted to see if he had achieved this.
The other reason why I wanted to pay a visit was of the interesting decor. Each of Bryron's establishments have a different theme, probably with the message to say to customers that 'we are unique'.


New but "old" decor


I have to say the decor was more impressive than the food. we didn't want to make comparisons with Hache but in this case we had to to judge it properly. In a nutshell though Byron burgers are cheaper with the meal below costing £22 (2 burgers, 3 sides) but we agreed we would have paid the extra for a hache burger.


I have to say I was disappointed but I find that "cool" eating establishments in must cases don't deliver on the food.  


No comments:

Post a Comment