Sunday 11 March 2012

felty things

When I was a kid, I used to make things out of cereal boxes, washing up bottles etc....  A real crafter, I tried my hand at knitting, cross stitch, quilting,embroidery to name but a few. Nowadays, I find it harder to find the time but on a recent trip to Foyles on Charing Cross Road, whilst the other half was in the cookery section, I went to amerce myself in the craft books. 

As a result I bought these two books:

 
 



You can easily get them from Amazon. 

Funnily enough I haven't made anything from these books yet but they did give me the inspiration to design and make things below. I don't know what they are really just things you can hang in a room for decoration. They were made for colleagues at work who have had a baby recently or are just about to have baby. 


 The Unisex Owl and the Baby Girl Owl

 Rockets and Stars for a Boy


They look more complicated than what they are to make. Cut pieces of felt from simple patterns of your own making and stitch them together with some toy stuffing in between. Easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment