Friday 16 March 2012

tokyo diner

Met the OH (other half) in Covent Garden yesterday after work. A little incident whilst washing a delicate cardigan the night before and an uncouth drying technique = ruined cardigan. So went to get a new one. We were lucky we found a replacement half price in the sale so to celebrate the saving we went to get some Japanese food in Chinatown.  There are not many Japanese places in Chinatown compared to the Chinese choices as you would expect but I have always walked past Toyko Diner and wanted to try. Once sat down and looking through the menu I realised there was no Japanese people eating there which in my view means the food isn’t that good. I ordered the Katsu Curry and OH ordered the Chicken Teriyaki Bento Box.


Katsu Curry (Pork)


Chicken teriyaki bento box

Not feeling optimistic, I actually found the Katsu Curry quite good though I have had better. Its better than the Katsu served at Wagamama which is weird shade of yellow. The Bento box, in my opinion was lacking in some oomph. I just felt everything looked a bit sad in their individual compartments. Again I have had better and at £16 it was not worth the money. The Katsu curry by the way was £10.60.

I would go back for the curry if I needed a quick eat but with the Baozi Inn and Leung's (which are both great) round the corner I don’t know how likely this would be…but at least I know it’s an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment